Fatigue and Lupus: The Many Different Kinds of Exhaustion

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited January 2015 in Awareness

Lupus article: Fatigue and Lupus: The Many Different Kinds of ExhaustionFatigue and Lupus: The Many Different Kinds of Exhaustion

Fatigue and lupus are familiar friends, but there are many different kinds of fatigue that can affect the lupus sufferer. Barbara describes three.

Read the full story here

Comments

• This is a great way to group the different levels of fatigue. Can understand every level! I am learning to accept even if my labs are good that fatigue and aches and stress are going to be a norm. Also nice to see reference to trying to work. I hear so many stories of those that are unable to work. I am fortunate and can still work but have adjusted quite a bit. Feels good others feel same that work makes them feel good despite it also draining them.
  • alelialeli Member
    I am at my best when I do the things I love. Exercise, dancing, baking my favorite cookies and making people happy when they taste the home baked goodies. Behind that, when I go to sleep, my body aches. I wish I can work doing what I love to do. Instead I am working part time in a job I have no talent for, to earn extra money. Very stressful. I wish I did not have to do that work but it is what I have right now. My body is limited due to SLE and Nephritis. I am always fatigued. Sometimes I find myself just wanting to sit down and practically do nothing just to cope up. My boss doesn't understand and often gets mad at me for not understanding instructions. (sigh.....).
  • I fight not falling asleep at my desk.FT single working mom by Wednesday I am dragging by button and holding my head up. When I was out of work I was able to exercise sleep later nap and I was off some mess. Now I am worsening
  • @aleli I get yelled at too. They don't understand
  • @Jenlynn I feel horrible when I work at an office and can't adjust my environment
  • You have described it so well. Thank you for sharing.
  • I was diagnosed with SLE and RA 1.5 yrs ago at the age of 41. I am still learning how to cope with my symptoms. I have full blown flares every 3 months. The in between times I feel so fatigued I can barely function. I have been through a lot over the past few years, bc of these trying times is how I found out I had Lupus. I was so stressed my body couldn’t handle it any longer. I have had every type of rash Lupus offers. I’m pretty sure I have had almost every symptom that goes with these autoimmune diseases. I feel like giving up sometimes, then I remind myself that I am a strong woman and will get through this
    Anyway, I travel for work. I am away from my home and in hotels 75% of the year or more. I believe this is the biggest influence with my flare ups. I practice yoga, I eat healthy, I take my meds correctly. I know I do not get enough sleep. I am a private person not many people know I have SLE and RA. It’s good know I’m not alone.
  • I was diagnosed with SLE 14 months ago and it has been horrible. I was extremely sick for the first 10 months, then had a three month remission on to get hit hard with a flareup that has so far lasted nearly four months.

I am in so much pain that I am bedridden for several days at a time and the severe fatigue is awful. The Plaquenil wasn't working so I have been doing infusions every two weeks for the past six weeks, and now I do them once a month. so far they are not working and it gets pretty discouraging.

I am still trying to adjust to my new normal but it hasn't been easy. There are so many days when I am afraid. I only have a handful of people that get it.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR