Protein Therapy for Lupus

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited July 2014 in Treatments
imageProtein Therapy for Lupus - New Life Outlook | Lupus

Effects and symptoms of this disease will vary, so developing personalized Lupus therapies for patients is important to get the most effective results.

Read the full story here

Comments

• This is wonderful to hear that this treatment has been developed! Years ago, my Rheumatologist told me about a "new" therapy that would trigger the gene that causes Lupus to "turn off". I started a clinical trial that he headed up, but was unable to continue with it due to personal family circumstances. To think there is finally a way to possibly get off my 25+ meds that I currently am on and to reverse any negative affects that they are doing to my body would be a dream come true! I am going to bring this up with my PC doctor and current Rheumatologist!
  • DNA mapping or sequencing research is being done by several Universities. The Australian National University (ANU), have done some research that idenitfied a mutation of a specific gene that is found in people with lupus/sle. Similar research/studies have been done by a University in Bristol in the United Kingdom. Go online & read/find more information.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR