Lupus Diets and Lifestyle Tips

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited July 2014 in Lifestyle
imageLupus Diets and Lifestyle Tips - New Life Outlook | Lupus

Eating healthy will not cure lupus however, following a healthy lupus diet plan is vital to good health and for treating this disease.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I also heard that nightshade plants (potatoes, tomatoes, tobacco, peppers, etc) can cause inflammation?
  • coca cola is my weakness. I work out regularly but I still ache and hurt, I am a size 14 but I still feel fat. this is a very depressing illness and it is destroying my marriage and life
  • sherriesherrie New Life Outlook
    @EmmaLouWho Hi Emma, I did some digging for you and found that nightshade vegetables contain high levels of alkaloids which is why, in some people, it seems they do appear to worsen inflammation. Hope that helps!
    @jnunsuch It's hard to give up that weakness, right? Have you tried going without it for a month? I stopped all pop for six months and found that it no longer tasted good to me after that.
  • @Sherrie Rohde I try because I feel it is doing me more harm to me but it is hard.
    @jnunsuch I totally understand, it was really hard for me, too! I also knew I wasn't drinking enough water, tho, so I tried to just drink water all day instead. Ultimately you have to find what works for you, but if it makes you feel better it's a good goal to aim for!
  • What really worked amazing for me (and I was in sorry shape, sentenced to almost full-time bed-rest) was cutting out nearly ALL refined flours and sugars from my diet. The refined products - especially the flour - caused my inflammation, swelling, and pain to greatly increase. I added fish oils, garlic, and vitamins to my diet also, and the combination of this is working SO much better! =)
  • By not being able to eat anything but jello and hard boiled eggs for a year, having nausea and weight at 80lbs. I have learned my body can not handle processed foods. Organics are much healthier for you. Haven't had chips, coke, fast food, or pre packaged food for about 5 years. I still find myself with nausea, but not everyday all day. Now I weight 115lbs and I enjoy my food I can eat. Lupus affects us all differently, I have been lucky it has not affected my kidneys, liver or heart. Everything else, but life is what you make of it. I have 5 grand babies and a wonderful husband, and life is hard, but life is good.........I love waking up everyday
  • @Brandy_Ruttinger I also take a tsp. of honey everyday.
  • my name is Mary my heart Dr. put me on a diet pill a year ago i weight 202 lbs now i weigh 146 lbs and i feel better
  • @sweetypie6 ...what is this pill you speak of???
  • This info is very knowledgeable, I'm glad I found this site. Know I have to remember the list of good foods for Lupus. Does anyone know of any cookbooks for Lupus?

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR