deal with fatigue and joint pain

Fatigue and joint pain are more severe when I suffer fom new lupus flare. Although I try to avoid lupus triggers (alcohol, sunlight, unhealthy foods), flare ups still come. Who can share me experience to deal with these symptoms.
Thank you so much!

Comments

• emmaowemmaow Member
    hi marrylando,
    Symptoms of lupus falres are certanily more and more severe. There're lots of triggers of a flare, such as:
    - stress
    - poor diet
    - not getting enough sleep
    - cold and flu
    - alcohol
    - smoking
    - sunlight
    - overdoing
    Are you sure of avoiding all? Do you avoid stress and focus on healthy diet? As I sometimes suffer from lupus flares because of stress and unhealthy lifestyles, I think these might be the causes of your lupus flares
  • @emmaow thanks for your comment. I try to avoid them, but stress is an important trigger that I can't stop. It still finds me though I don't want
  • emmaowemmaow Member
    @marrylando Stress is around you and trigger lupus flares. As I sometimes suffer these symptoms because stress and unhealthy lifestyles, I just wanna share you my experience to deal with them.
    - Choose ideal time to finish tasks. Stress comes when I must finish dealines, so I often choose ideal frame-time to complete them.
    - Get enough sleep. I go to bed at 10 pm and get up at 6.30 a.m
    - Do Tai Chi every morning. Though the exercise is hard at first, it helps me gain energy later
    - Eat healthy foods. Instead of eating packaged and fast foods, I begin to cook healthy meals with lean meat, fish, green leafy vegetables and fruits.
    - Take rest. When I'm tired, I try to take rest
    - Think optimistically. Lupus symptoms actually make me exhausted and hopeless, bad tthinking only worsen my disease, so I must try to think optimistically.
    - Take supplement. I know not all supplements are effective for lupus patients, but I've been taking Lupufree and has good changes.
    Since starting healthy lifestyles, eat healthy foods and take supplement for 2 months, the symptoms are gradually relieved. I'm still keeping them to reduce lupus flares. Hope my experience may be helpful.
  • @emmaow thank you so much- emmaow! Your useful tips may help me more. I often go to bed late and think pessimistically. These actually worsen my symptoms. I even don't focus on vitamins or supplements. Thanks for telling me, I'll love myself much and change lifestyles. Hope they help me relieve the symptoms of lupus
  • emmaowemmaow Member
    @marrylando You can ask your rheumatologist, he or she may give you more helpful tips. I just share my experience, hope above tips help you reduce lupus flares. BE optimistic!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR