COMMUNITY QUESTION: Could these symptoms be lupus?

AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
Elizabeth asks: 'I've had back pain since I was a teenager. I'm to the point where I can't stand for longer than 5 minutes without my back spasming. Also, for over a year now I've had hip pain. It's like my hip is catching if I try to move it certain ways. It's also stiff. I had gotten to the point that after I'd run I would hobble the rest of the day. Finally I got an MRI and an X-ray on both my hips and back. Everything was normal. Recently I had a nerve study done, everything normal. My feet and hands have been tingling if I take a deep breath sometimes and my feet tingle when I slightly bend at the waist. Occasionally, I'll get pricking feelings in my legs and hands. I'm also prone to getting sick very easily. My Physical Therapist mentioned Lupus as a possibility when I told her sometimes my skin is sore to the touch for no reason. My aunt carries the gene but doesn't have Lupus. Ever since then I've been researching it. Does anyone else share similar symptoms?'

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR