Lupus and Alcohol

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited January 2015 in Risks

Lupus article: Lupus and AlcoholLupus and Alcohol

Lupus and alcohol can be a tricky combination. Anna shares her thoughts on drinking with lupus and the results.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Glad to know that. My doctors are not to crazy about acholol for me. but dam ! For Christmas I had a drink. a little wine hell. I did good. just felt more sleepy than usual.
  • I would feel fine while drinking alcohol. It's mostly the next day everything hurts & all I wana do is sleep. Depending on how much I drank the night before. Once I took my meds I start to feel better.
  • I had to quit completely. Two or three drinks would give me a 5-6 day hangover. Yuck...
  • I have to say the only time I'm totally out of pain is after a couple of drinks. I'm fine when drinking and only drink 1 a month. But have to agree that it does take a toll the next day. I was 15 when I was dignosed and am 45 so a couple drinks if it takes away a couple hrs of pain well worth it.
  • I also thought that I was just a light weight when it came to alcohol. I can literally only drink one wine cooler and it effects my fine motor skills badly, talking is extremely slurred and it causes me to stumble while walking, if I am even awake!
  • CarriCarri Member
    Is Plaquenil the med being referred to that makes you seem like a lightweight? Because that would explain why I can only have 2 glasses of wine now when I used to be able to drink a sailor under the table

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR