Bracing for the Cold

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited October 2014 in Coping

imageBracing for the Cold

With Lupus, weather has a substantial influence on what I can do each day. The sun is not my friend, but lupus and cold weather are certainly enemies.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JoLynnJoLynn Member
    edited October 2014
    Yes!! The cold has always done a number on me. The sun and heat didn't start bothering me until about 2 years ago. So much pain all fall and winter though! It's really hard to explain to people who don't have these problems themselves, it is nice to see that I am not alone in it.
    To the woman (Jessica Lee) with the hives who hasn't officially been diagnosed yet: Cold Induced Urticaria. Me too! And guess what, since I've been on meds for Lupus treatment, happens WAY LESS often! Crazy stuff, these autoimmune diseases.
  • I use a warming throw when I am able to. The problem is I am not sure if it actually helps. When I stop using it, I feel like I hurt worse? Like achy and feverish although I do not have a fever. But my skin hurts like a fever. It's weird! I've heard weird things about an electromagnetic field created by the electric blanket but right now I practically live under it. There are times I shake so violently from the cold that, like the author, I am sore for days afterwards! The anxiety is horrible right now too!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR