Avoid Exposure to UV Rays

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited August 2014 in Awareness

imageAvoid Exposure to UV Rays

If you suffer from lupus you may have abnormal sensitivity to UV rays, a condition called photosensitivity. Try to limit UV ray exposure as much as you can.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I found tinting my car windows helped a lot when I had to drive to my appointments on a hot, sunny day. While tinting car windows is illegal, you can apply for a special dispensation from NY state provided motor vehicles physician reviews your application and grants one.
  • My husband had to change all the light bulbs in the house. When exposed to fluorescent lighting I experience significant photosensitivity. Their are a few CFL's with lower UV radiation that the Lupus Foundation of American posted...Phillips Marathon for one - their mercury free and minimal or no UV radiation. It made a huge difference.
  • I want to let folks know that if you work in an office with fluorescent lighting, there is a product you can get to filter out the UV radiation. http://www.makegreatlight.com/used-for/uv-sleeves-lupus Full disclosure: I own the company, and we have been supporting lupus patients for many years.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR