Having Lupus and caring for an elderly parent...

I am not new to having Lupus but am new to caring for an elderly parent along with trying to care for myself....not only am I caring for my aging parent but she has 3 dogs that have to be taken care of as well...they are inside dogs and she has trained them to use puppy pads to go to the bathroom on so when you go to take care of her you get them as well...one of the dogs always poops on the floor and the smell is always in the house as she herself goes to the bathroom in a toilet/potty chair...I continually feel sick after my days (which are only 2) with bouts of diarrhea and constant nausea and am curious if the breathing in and cleaning up these things maybe a trigger for this...I am at a loss as to what to do about how I feel...I am angry but mostly stressed over this as no one in my family takes this illness seriously...I tell my mother how I feel literally and she just moves on to things about her....I tell my sister who is the other caregiver and she is more concerned with our mother...my mother chooses to do absolutely nothing for herself and pretty much sits on the couch and waits for the next of us to get there with her list of to do's....is there anyone out there that is going through this type of thing...any input would be greatly appreciated as it is putting me in a huge depression...Thank you....

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR